View the sale
Viewing is held in our showroom at 64 Knightsbridge - dates are published on our hompage. Viewing can also be made by appointment during the two weeks prior to the auction.
- See HOME page for more details. Registration on the day will be necessary for first time viewers/bidders. For this we will need to take a copy of a driver’s licence or passport.
View the catalogue
The 21st March 2015 auction catalogue will be published online from the 26th February.
You can view more images & detailed condition reports leading up to the auction through the-saleroom.com
Download our App on mobile and tablet devices to preview our current and archived auction catalogues.
- 2011: 10th December, 22nd October
22/11/2014, 20/09/2014, 12/07/14, 10/05/14, 15/03/14, 23/11/13, 21/09/13, 20/07/13, 18/05/13, 16/03/13, 24/11/12, 15/09/12
Browse the e-boutique to purchase auction catalogues and watch straps.
How to bid
Attend the auction at 64 Knightsbridge.
- First time bidders will need to register prior to the auction or on the day. We will need to take a copy of a driver’s licence or passport. In return you will receive a paddle with your bidding number which you will need to display to the auctioneer when you win an item. The paddle must then be returned back to the vault at the end of the auction to process the invoice.
Bid live online through the-saleroom.com.
- This website will allow you to register and then bid live during the auction. This is a great and easy way to bid from anywhere in the world with live video and audio.
Call us to arrange bidding over the telephone or to leave absentee bids.
- If you have not registered with us before and would like to telephone bid, then we will need an email with the relevant lot number(s), your name, address and a scanned copy of ID. This is the same process for absentee bids but you will need to add your maximium bid for each lot excluding buyer's premium and we will be on your behalf.
Every sale will be subject to a buyer’s premium of 18%+VAT (21.6% inclusive).
- Bidding online will hold an additional charge of 3.6% (including VAT).
- The VAT can be excluded or refunded for successful bidders registered from outside of the EC.
Streamline debit and credit card processing (chip & pin).
- This can be done at our premises post-auction. There is no additional charge for purchases made with debit cards unless drawn on an overseas bank or deferred debit cards which will be subject to a 2% surcharge.
Please note there is also a 2% surcharge when payments are made using VISA & MasterCard credit cards and 1.9% with American Express cards. It may be advisable to notify your card provider of your intended purchase in advance to reduce delays caused by us having to seek authority when you come to pay.
Online through our website & SagePay.
- Successful bidders will receive an email with login details to our website allowing you to view and settle invoices online through our secure payment gateway. Some card charges will apply and are as stated above.
- Contact us for bank account details. All transfers must state your name and the relevant lot number(s) as a reference. IMPORTANT - If transferring from a foreign currency, the amount we receive must be the total due in pounds sterling (after currency conversion and the deduction of any bank charges).
Sterling Cash up to any amount.
- Two forms of ID will need to be supplied for payments over ?10,000.
- Made payable to "Watches of Knightsbridge Ltd.". It will be necessary to allow at least six working days for the cheque to clear before collecting or shipping of your purchases.
Postage within the UK will be made by Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day) - charged at £10 per parcel insured up to £10,000.
International shipping will be made by Royal Mail International Signed For - charged at £15 per parcel insured up to £2,000.
Higher value items will be sent internationally by FedEx Express fully insured by Malca-Amit (costs depend on value and country, contact us for a quote).
Postage or shipping of larger items such as clocks may cost more.